Japanese Crab Meat Salad
1/2 # Dungeness or Maryland Blue Crab (backfin or lump, cooked and picked)
Miso Vinaigrette (recipe below)
1 c. Mizuna
2 Tbsp. daikon root, julienned
Edaname, tossed with sea salt
Wonton wrappers or Lotus root, thinly sliced, fried, seasoned with sea salt, optional garnish
1 tsp. black sesame seeds
1 c. olive oil
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger root
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
1 Tbsp. soy sauce or for GF tamari sauce
½ c. miso
½ c. seasoned rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1. Roast shallots and olive oil in metal baking dish. Cover and cook until shallots are soft and well roasted.
2. Remove shallots and reserve oil
3. Process all ingredients together except oil until smooth.
4. Drizzle in oil and emulsify.
1. Toss crab lightly with miso vinaigrette.
2. Toss mizuna with miso vinaigrette or seasoned rice wine vinegar.
3. Place on a small mound on chilled plate.
4. Garnish with julienned daikon root.
5. Slice and fan avocado and put a scoop of crab meat on top.
6. Garnish with black sesame seeds.
7. Place a pile of edaname on the plate.
8. Garnish with fried wontons or lotus root on a chilled plate.