Please Help Us Stay Green
Water is one of the Island’s most precious resources.
Though we are surrounded by water, drinking water is precious. Water for the Town of Friday Harbor is provided by a reservoir and dam twelve miles from downtown. Most households rely on wells and the natural aquifer. Some neighborhoods have private desalination plants.
Help us maintain this resource:
- Consider reusing your towel. If it is on the floor, we will replace it.
- Bedding is changed every three days. Let us know if you prefer that we do not replace it.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth and bathing.
- Lower the heat and turn of lights and appliances when you leave your guest room.
- Draw the drapes to keep out sun or warm the room.
- Use refillable water bottles. We have filtered water for your convenience.
- Help us recycle.
- Take your used soap bars with you and enjoy them at home.
- Take only needed maps and brochures. Return unused ones to the stand.