Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
The San Juan Islands are a fragile marine ecosystem so please help us preserve our environment:
- Avoid carry-out containers. (There is a county-wide ban on styrofoam.)
- Frequent and support local businesses that are “green.”
- Frequent restaurants that are Island Certified Local.
- Walk or use one of the Harrison House Suites bicycles instead of using a car.
- Take the Island shuttle to tour the island.
- Turn off your car when waiting for the ferry.
- Help pick up litter and dispose of all trash properly.
- Support island conservation projects.
- Take digital photos or film with 36 exposures to reduce canister waste.
- Bring reusable shopping bags.
- Take only as many paper napkins and individual condiments as you need.
- Bring reusable take-out coffee and beverage containers and eating utensils.