Balsamic Shrimp and Asparagus Salad
1# shrimp, cleaned and deveined
Heirloom tomato, thinly sliced
2 oz. Prosciutto de Parma, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar reduction or aged balsamic (start with 1 cup of vinegar and reduce down until sweet, thick and viscous)
Parmesan or Grano Padano Cheese, shaved
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper
1. Marinate shrimp in EVOO, dash of balsamic and garlic.
2. Grill Shrimp.
3. Toss asparagus with salt and EVOO.
4. Grill asparagus until tender.
1. Slice and fan heirloom tomatoes in the shape of a rose on the plate.
3. Place grilled asparagus in the middle of the heirloom tomatoes.
4. Drizzle balsamic reduction atop and around plate.
5. Layer with the shrimp.
6. Garnish with Prosciutto and shaved grano padano.
7. Serve with crunchy artisan bread.