Chocolate Rum Truffles
Makes 24 Servings
For the Truffles:
1/3 cup heavy cream
¼ cup European style unsalted butter
6 oz Semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 Tbsp Dark rum
- Stir cream and butter in a saucepan over low heat until butter is melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in chocolate until melted and smooth. Stir in rum.
- Pour mix into a shallow baking dish and refrigerate until malleable, about 40 minutes.
For the Coatings:
2 – 3 Tbsp ground unsalted pistachio nuts
2 – 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 – 3 Tbsp confectioners sugar
2 – 3 Tbsp chocolate sprinkles
- Spread 2 – 3 Tbsp of each coating ingredient into shallow dishes.
- Divide cold chocolate mixture into 24 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball shape. Roll 6 balls in each coating.
- Place balls in 1” paper or foil bonbon cups.
Note: To make Orange Chocolate Truffles, omit the rum and substitute 2 Tbsp finely grated orange zest and a Tbsp of orange extract.