Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies
So many gluten-free baked goods are overly sweet. These cookies are just lightly sweetened, and the delicate sweetness of the golden raisins really shines through. We usually under-bake our cookies just a tad, so the centers stay chewy.
½ pound unsalted European butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown rice flour
¼ cup potato starch
¼ cup tapioca flour
1 ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon finely ground sea salt
3 cups gluten free oats
¾ cup yellow raisins
¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Cream butter. Add sugars and beat until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, blending after each addition.
- Mix together dry ingredients, then add to butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Stir in the oats, raisins, and chocolate chips (if using). Do not over mix.
- Place balls of dough (we use a #20 scoop, about 2” diameter) on cookie sheet lined with silicon mat.
- Bake at 350°F (325°F for convection ovens) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and cookies are still shiny and slightly soft in the center. Let cool on baking sheet.