Strawberry Marscapone Cheescake
2 c. slivered almonds
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
2, 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
16 oz. mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
1 1/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
4 large eggs
½ c. sugar
2 pints Strawberries, quartered, reserve some whole for garnish
Squeeze Fresh Lemon or 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place almonds and sugar in bowl of a food processor and process until finely ground. Combine almond mixture and butter in a medium bowl. Pack into a 9-inch non-stick spring form pan. Wrap pan with triple layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil, making sure that foil reaches top of side of pan. Bake until lightly golden and set, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Fill a large sauce pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Combine cream cheese, mascarpone, sugar, and vanilla bean in food processor until blended. Add vanilla extract. Add eggs, 1 at a time pulsing until incorporated. Pour batter into cooled crust.
- Place spring form pan in a larger roasting pan and fill halfway up side of cake pan with boiling water. Bake 1 hour 30 minutes or until edges are set and center jiggles slightly. Remove roasting pan from oven. Remove cake pan from water bath and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place in refrigerator and chill, 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Combine topping ingredients.
- Macerate part of the berries and mix with the whole berries.
Cut with a hot dry knife.