Biking is a great way to see the San Juans. If you would like to take a spin around the island on a motorized bike — moped or skootcar, contact Susie’s Mopeds.
Throughout the summer months, world-renowned cycling operators sponsor cycling adventures around the islands. San Juan Island offers diverse terrain, and the west side will reward you with expansive views of the Olympic Peninsula and Victoria B.C. The Harrison House Suites has a fleet of hybrid bicycles that are complimentary for our guests. We’ll gladly pack a picnic lunch and suggest a route for your trip. There are two main loops around San Juan Island, each 20-25 miles. You can also choose to circumnavigate the island in one 35 mile trip. The San Juan Trails Committee has bike maps and other trail information. And, of course, you can always hop the ferry to explore one of the neighboring islands on two wheels.
The Harrison House Suites provides:
- Concierge services to help you plan your adventure trip.
- Complimentary use of bicycles during your stay.
- Convenient location to downtown Friday Harbor.
- Complete three course breakfast to fuel you.
- Comfortable pillow-top beds, whirlpool tubs, hot tubs, fresh baked cookies and other amenities to welcome your return.
- Complimentary guest laundry.
If you would like to rent a road bike, tandem, child trailer, or other accessories, contact Island Bicycles, a short walk from the Inn.